Welcome to Monday Window
This is the home of the Monday Window group participation event, a weekly recurring photography challenge. Each week participating bloggers post a photo of a window. The tag “Monday Window” allows others across the globe to see and enjoy the pictures.
If you like to take pictures then this activity can help you to open your eyes around your neighborhood, your town and places you visit. Seeing and photographing interesting windows can even sharpen your photo skills.
Join the fun, post pictures of windows once a week and become a Monday Window Blogger.
Here is how it works
- Sometime before each Monday pick one of your photos featuring windows and prepare a blog post for it. Do you have to do it every week? Of course not. Some weeks you might not have a photo to share or won’t feel like it. That’s fine. This is for fun, enjoy what others share, get inspired and post when you are ready.
- Set the photo (or one of them) as your Featured Image (if your theme allows that). Indeed do this for every one of your posts. The Featured Image of the latest posts of registered blogs (more on this below) appear in the sidebar on the right.
- Assign the tag “Monday Window” to the post so readers can follow you in the WordPress Reader.
- Schedule your post to publish on Monday at 14:16 UTC. Must it be this precise time? Of course not; if you wish to chose another time that fine. We are trying to have fun here. But if we all, or most of us, post at the same time, imagine what the Reader listings look like! For how-to click here.
- If you publicize it on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ use the hashtag #MondayWindow. Such posts are a really good idea to get folks to find your photos!
- After Monday bring up the posts in the WordPress Reader and see what your friends have shared. Be generous with “Likes” and comments.
Please Note: Not all participating blogs will be shown in the WordPress Reader search for “Monday Window”.
- A “Review” post is published late each week on this blog listing the latest Monday Windows posts (the post is updated to list missed posts, so check back occasionally).
Register your blog with the contact form on this page. This is not a strict requirement, you are welcome to participate without registering. Registering gets your blog listed on this page. If you include your email address you may get an occasional email about “Monday Window”. Your email address will not be shared with third parties.
To add the Monday Window badge to your post just highlight this smaller badge here, copy it (Ctrl-C) and paste it in your post (Ctrl-V). It will include the link to this post so others can join in.
You can also download the larger badge image higher up on this page. Scroll back up and click on the big Monday Window badge. It will show on a separate page so you can download the image: Right-click it and click “Save picture as…“. In you weekly “Monday Window” post include the image (reduce size to your liking) with a hyperlink to this page.